Terms and Conditions
The term “Discus Hans USA” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 4413 Necker Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21236. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfill you specific request and/or online purchase.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
We only ship in the USA (incl. Alaska) excluding PR. For shipping to Hawaii contact us because you need an import certificate.
We ship all of our fish with FedEx priority overnight to your door. Hold at a FedEx location is possible. All shipments will be dropped off at FedEx in the evening and you will receive them in most areas before 10:30am. Some rural areas have a later delivery time.
We ship Monday through Thursday for delivery the next morning. Shipping Friday for Saturday delivery is available but only by special request.
We use special styro boxes, all fish will be at least double bagged with pure oxygen and a bag buddy. If needed we will use 1 or more heat packs (no extra charge)
Let us know on your order what morning you want to receive the fish. We have to put the Discus off food for 24 hours before shipping.
The day we ship, we will email you the shipping information including the FedEx tracking number so you can track the package.
For information on this see: http://www.fedex.com/us/
We take the quality of our fish, as well as our customer service, very seriously.
We guarantee Live arrival on first delivery attempt from FedEx.
We take pride in loosing very few Discus in shipping, for any problems in shipping, contact us by phone (443 992 6972) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 2 hours after arrival. Send us a good quality picture of the dead fish and the DOA arrival will be replaced without any discussion.
Shipping costs are not covered under the guarantee.
Note: Discus sizes are not guaranteed. Occasionally a discus may be smaller or larger than the size listed. Typically all discus will be within a quarter of an inch of the listed size. We will not refund or replace any discus that is within 0.5 inch of the listed size. Please rest assured we are in business to sell quality fish and to provide an enjoyable experience to our customers.
We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we will make your experience with us a great one.
As stated we guarantee live arrival, we do not accept any fish shipped back to us.